progress with the EvaaAPI interface

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Fri Oct 15 13:58:29 CEST 2021

Dear all,

here is a timeline for working with the EvaalAPI interface.

## Now

Since 5 October competitors have had access to the EvaalAPI server at
<https://evaal.aaloa.org/evaalapi/>, where they can find documentation
and source code.

They can start implementing the EvaalAPI interface in their system and
report request or problems on this list, so everyone is up to date.  For
private inquiries, you can write to info at evaal.aaloa.org or to your
Track chair.

## In a few days

Competitors can run the evaalapi code on their own systems for quick
turnaround.  Soon I will publish the data files used as input for the
evaluation (reloadable) trials of Tracks 3 and 4 and send the links
here.  Using those files competitors will be able to run the evaluation
trials locally, on their own systems.

## Next week

Next week I will start accepting requests for providing trial names for
the evaluation (reloadable) trials from interested people.  This will be
useful so that competitors can check their systems on the official
server and will be able to evaluate delays and possible network
problems.  In order to maintain the interface as simple as possible and
avoid using cookies, the server maintains no notion of a web session, so
no public trial names will be available, and each user needs unique
ones.  This may change next year depending on this year's experience.

## From after next week until 18 November

Competitors are expected to try out the interface and report any
problems or observations.  Suggestions for urgent changes (to be made
immediately) or improvements (to be made for the next edition) are
welcome.  Registered competitors can ask for their official
(non-reloadable) trial names, to be run one right after the other.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107