[evaal contest] some clarifications for tracks 1 & 2

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Fri Aug 26 14:21:28 CEST 2016

Dear competitors in tracks 1 & 2

here are some clarifications to questions we recently received from some
of you.

The competitions for tracks 1 & 2 use the whole building.  This implies
that they may span multiple floors and the circular open area in the
middle.  Stairs and lifts may be used to move from floor to floor.  No
markers will be put inside the lifts or in the middle of stair flights.

We can not provide updated information on the locations of APs that are
deployed in the site, other than the MAC and SSID info at
<http://evaal.aaloa.org/2016/tracks-1-2-info>.

Competitors are expected to survey the area themselves on Monday 3
October, the day preceding the competition.  We will provide a room to
keep your belongings and work with your PCs.

During the same day, staff will be there to help you check that the
integration with provided Android app works flawlessly.  The integration
is necessary for participants in Track 1 and optional for participants
in Track 2.  Please start as soon as possible to test the integration
and report any problems (see
<http://evaal.aaloa.org/2016/software-for-on-site-tracks>).

Should you need more time to survey the area, consider that the building
is open to the public during working days, from Monday to Friday.

For those of you requesting it, we will ask the local organizers for a
permission to access the building on Saturday and Sunday.  Unfortunately
the university is currently closed, and we do not know whether such
permission will be granted.  We will update you as soon as we have more
info.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107