doubts and clarifications

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Wed Nov 3 18:55:07 CET 2021

Here are some Q&A for competitors:

Q: Our network is occasionally slow, so while our system works locally,
it is not reliable when using the server, what can I do?

A: First, you can ask info at evaal.aaloa.org to provide you test (reloadable)
trials with an increased S (slack time) value.  That should be enough to
compensate for network problems.  If you see that this solves your
problem, after approval from the track chair you can ask to use those
values for the scoring (non-reloadable) trials too.

If you observe that your program is too slow to make computations in
real time, you can ask to increase V (trial speed increase factor) to
get more time for making computation.  Again, if you see that shis
solves your problem, after approval from the track chair you can ask and
use those values for the scoring trial.

In the unfortunate event that none of this works, but you would like to
test your algorithms, you can compete out of track by sending the
results offline to the Track chair.  Your results will be computed just
like the others and published in a separate table, and you will not be
eligible for a prize.

Q: will you plublish the ground truth and the scoring procedure?

A: Yes, we will publish both after the compeitition.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107