EvaalAPI interface for the off-site IPIN competition Tracks

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Fri Oct 8 16:33:51 CEST 2021

Dear all,

as you have recently read, the 2021 edition of the IPIN competition
features three off-site Tracks.

Some of these, for the first time, will use a web API that is built to
make the off-site Tracks more similar to the on-site ones, and thus more
significant from the point of view of advancing the state of the art of
research in indoor localisation.

The web site for the EvAAL API is at https://evaal.aaloa.org/evaalapi

The main web page has links to the source and documentation, and
instructions for trying it out using the "demo" trial.

We will soon publish reloadable trials for working with the validation
files from Tracks 3 and 4, and announce them here and on the web site.

Each competitor will receive at least two (official, non-reloadable)
trial names.  Similarly to what happens on site, the trials should be
done one after another, possibly at some minutés distance.  The exact
timing, the values of the V and S parameters and number of trials will
be announced on this list and on the web site.

Everyone, please write to the list for giving suggestions or asking
clarifications of general interest, or write to me for private matters.

See you at the IPIN conference, sincerely

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107