Tracks 1 & 2 - competition schedule and instructions

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Wed Sep 25 01:26:01 CEST 2019

Dear competitors,

IPIN competition is approaching.  We summarize the schedule for this
weekend (28 and 29 September).  For any doubts please contact us, we can
better support you _before_ the competition rather than _during_ the
competition.

We meet at CNR Area, via G. Moruzzi 1 56124 Pisa (IT); at the entrance
of the CNR Area the guard will ask for your name and let you in; inside,
you'll find indications to get to Building B, Gate 20, first floor, Room
C29.  The path from the nearest bus stop is at https://is.gd/QLXovI

The CNR Area is 3km from the railway station.  You can reach it by bus
on the "LAM verde" bus line, with a trip of about 15 minutes (see the
attached path).  Buses depart every 10 minutes on Saturday and every 40
minutes on Sunday, when a run is scheduled to depart from the railway
station at 9.03 (but be prepared for delays).  This is the list of bus
station names:

	- STAZIONE 6
	- BATTISTI
	- CRISPI 1
	- CRISPI 2
	- PACINOTTI 1
	- PACINOTTI 2
	- MEDICEO 1
	- MEDICEO 2
	- S.MARTA 1
	- S.MARTA 2
	- DE AMICIS
	- S.GIOVANNI BOSCO 1
	- S.GIOVANNI BOSCO 2
	- GARIBALDI 1
	- VOLPI - CNR

We provide a lunch and coffee on both Saturday and Sunday, but no
breakfast.  As of now, there is some possibility of a raining day on
Saturday, so you'd better bring an umbrella with you just in case.

In case you get lost, you can call me on my mobile (see my signature) or
send a message with Telegram (preferred), Whatsapp, Wechat (id:
francescopot).

SATURDAY 28

• See you starting from 9 o'clock in Room C29 (see above for indications)

• Saturday is devoted to surveying the competition area and checking
the format of logs produced by your software.  Competitors using a
smartphone have the possibility of re-checking the integration of their
localization app with StepLogger. The real path will be revealed only
the day after. Here are the things we expect from you:

  • First of all: "Welcome to Pisa"

  • [smartphone] check correct integration of your app with Steplogger

  • Double check the correct format of the 2 log files required
  (buttonsPressed.log and positions.log)

  • Test your app with a FAKE path of 15 minutes both indoor and
  outdoor. Double check with us the correct format of the generated log
  files. Moreover, be sure your software is able to run for the whole
  duration of the path ([smartphone] consider the use of a power bank if
  needed)

  • Survey the environment: you can collect any kind of data such as
  Wi-Fi access point locations, pictures, measurements of the building
  features and so on.

SUNDAY 29TH

• Starting at 9 am, we expect all of you to be in Room C29 no later than
9.30 (see above for indications)

• Competition day: every competitor is required to test their
localization app with a real-world pedestrian multi-floor,
multi-building path lasting 15-20 minutes.  The path is marked with
numbered stickers on the floor.  You will not use your localization app
yourselves: rather, an actor will test your app for you for better
similarity of conditions among competitors. What we expect from you is:

  • a running localization app

  • software configured and ready to be used by the actor
  ([smartphone] with Steplogger up and running)

  • 2 runs of the path: we will consider the best one

  • patience and a collaborative approach

See you in Pisa and good luck to everyone

Michele, Francesco and the whole EvAAL team

--
IPIN'19 http://ipin2019.isti.cnr.it    Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Mobile: +39.348.8283.107