[evaal contest] path for on-site tracks, papers and presentations

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Tue Sep 22 16:18:36 CEST 2015

Dear competitors, all,

some news: handling of comeptition data, IPIN presentation, review dates
for the short paper

MAPS AND DATA (tracks 1 & 2)

We will shortly provide the maps of the three indoor areas that will be
used for the on-site competition.  The path will use two or three of
these areas, and will include the outdoor path between them.  The maps
will be georeferenced using the WGS84 reference system.

The day after the competition we will distribute to each of you the data
gathered by your system in text format and a program (written in GNU
Octave) that allows you to visualise the real and estimated paths and
compute the error for your system.  The data will be published only
after the winner announcements.

PRESENTATIONS (all tracks)

Competitors are required to make a short presentation of their system
during the dedicated session on Thursday (see the program on the IPIN
site).  All competitors will have a 15 minute slot, to be used
preferably as 10m for presentation and 5m for questions and answers.

SHORT PAPER REVIEW (all tracks)

Competitors who have decided to submit a short paper will have it
reviewed by 1st October.  Accepted short papers will be published in the
IPIN proceedings.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107