[evaal contest] [EvAAL 2012]: Localization - Summary and Acknowledgments

Paolo Barsocchi paolo.barsocchi at isti.cnr.it
Mon Jul 9 11:33:09 CEST 2012

Dear all,

Last week the first track of the EvAAL competition (localization and
tracking) was successfully concluded. We had a good time in Madrid
with all of the competitor teams, all the systems have been integrated
with our evaluation tool, even if only one team used the provided
context information. This competition was an interesting experience
for us and I hope it was the same for all of you.

I am grateful to all of the competitors since they demonstrated a
great expertise and they worked hard to integrate their systems with
the Living Lab software.

I want also to publicly thank the local and software chair Dario Salvi
and all the UPM (University of Madrid) staff for their great job and
their hospitality.

Finally, I am grateful to the Evaluation Committee and to the TPC members
for their effort spent on this event.

This week the second track (Activity Recognition) will be performed,
so good luck to the organizer........ please let us know the latest news.

Thank you,
All the best,
Paolo Barsocchi

Paolo Barsocchi - Wireless Networks Laboratory -
ISTI (Institute of Information Science and Technologies)
An Institute of the Italian National Research Council (C.N.R.)
Area della Ricerca di S. Cataldo, Via Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa (I)
Tel. : +39 050 315 2965, Fax (G3): +39 050 3152040