[evaal contest] EvAAL competition main phase completed

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Mon Aug 1 17:47:29 CEST 2011

Dear all,

on behalf of the Steering Committee, I am glad to announce that the
first EvAAL competition has successfully completed its main phase.

Seven competitors have demonstrated their systems at the CIAmI Living
Lab in Valencia (ES).  Each had three hours to install their system,
calibrate it, log measurements taken while an actor was moving along
previously undisclosed paths in the living lab, unmount it and answer a
short interview.

Eight Evaluation Committee members plus four staff members were present
for the two days and half of the competition, to gather all the
information that is going to be used to compute the final scores, which
will be announced during the AAL forum in Lecce (IT).

I wish especially to thank the competitors for contributing to make this
event a success and the Ciami Living Lab for hosting the competition.

The first EvAAL competition will officially close at the AAL forum (see
<http://evaal.aaloa.org/current-competition/workshop>), 26-28 September.
The workshop will include a series of very short presentations by the
competitors, followed by a round table for freely discussing localization
issues from both theoretical and implementation points of view.  The
award will be given during the AAL forum social dinner.

I invite the competitors that were required to do so to amend their
papers following the reviewers' recommendations, so that we can
distribute the amended version to the workshop attendees.  Camera ready
versions will be most probably not required until after September.

On behalf of the Steering Committee

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107