[evaal contest] garden excluded from competition

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Fri Jul 22 15:40:55 CEST 2011

Dear competitors,

some of you have considered the garden just outside of the house to be
part of the relevant area for localization, as it was officially
announced on June 17th in the attachment to the email
 <http://evaal.aaloa.org/pipermail/contest/2011/000011.html>
which was then put on the web as Figure 7 at
 <http://evaal.aaloa.org/current-competition/annex-procedures>
the day after.

However, others made a strictly reading of the title of the competition
("indoor") which was recently confirmed by our mail of July 12:
 <http://evaal.aaloa.org/pipermail/contest/2011/000020.html>.

Because of this last communication, in order to maintain fairness among
the competitors, we decide to leave out the garden from the
competition.  This changes nothing with respect to the areas of
interest.  As far as the tracking is concerned, this reduces the area to
what is shown in the figure attached to our mail of July 12:
 <http://evaal.aaloa.org/pipermail/contest/attachments/20110712/f3ba561f/attachment-0001.pdf>

We apologise for the confusion.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107