[evaal contest] questions and answers

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Tue Jul 19 18:19:22 CEST 2011

Dear competitors, here are some questions and answers

>    1. We must use our own Netbook, connected to the master node of our
>       system, to configure and run the system during the tests. Thus, we
>       need to know where we should place the Netbook during such tests.

You can place it wherever you want while you can reach a network plug as
well as power plug. We have some cables here. However we have added some
furniture between the two doors that give access to the garden, but inside
the house. If you go to figure 6 in Annex 1, you can find that there is
nothing there. Now we have placed a small table where there is a network and
power plug nearby.

>    2. We must know the exact area in the living lab where the tests will
>       be performed. That is, please indicate us the maximum (or
>       approximate) X and Y coordinates in the floor plan (including the
>       garden).

You can find the Max X and Max Y in the attached figure. We will publish
it soon at http://evaal.aaloa.org/current-competition/techannex.

>    4. Is there any restriction when placing the nodes all over the test
     	room?

You are free to place them wherever you want. It is not possible to make
holes and not allowed damaging the living Lab however you can attach things
on walls and ceiling with double-side strips. In any case we can analyze the
installation once you arrive here. We will help you with this. However,
remember to take with you anything you need. There is a “Leroy Merlin” near
here in case of emergency and we have cars. But this is just in case of
emergency, so if we see that there is a risk that you can’t compete.

>    5. We have detected that the position of AoI_5 is not correct (see
>       Annex 1). Could you please check it?

If you go to Annex 1 (or here:
http://evaal.aaloa.org/current-competition/annex-procedures), don’t look at
picture 6 because it is only to tell you more or less where the AoI are. The
valid location for AoIs are depicted in figure 5.

>    6. The accuracy formulas are not correct. P>=3m = 0; 2m<P<=4m =
>       2*(4-P). Which one is the correct one?

The correct one is P>=4m instead of P>=3m.

>    7. Which value should we send when the user is not on any interest
     	area?

You can put whatever is different from 1,2,3,4 or 5. We prefer “0” or
"NULL”.

For any further detail about the installation, please write to one of:

Juan Pablo <jplazaro at tsbtecnologias.es>
Dario Salvi <dsalvi at lst.tfo.upm.es>