Track 1: "Smartphone-based"

Filippo Palumbo filippo.palumbo at isti.cnr.it
Fri Jun 5 16:12:11 CEST 2020

Dear Dimitris,
both in the 2019 and previous editions of the track1 IPIN competitions, we
required that the app developed by the competitors could use any sensor
available on the used smartphone. Sensors external to the smartphone were
not allowed and the competing app must have run entirely on the smartphone:
no access to remote services like external databases or remote servers was
allowed. Furthermore, competitors were not allowed to install any
instrumentation in the competition area.

Given that and what was written in the technical annex, we decided to let
competitors use any sensor (camera included) but only if that would have
not influenced the pace and the way the actor would have held the
smartphone. Please remember that the tested smartphone running the
competing app was held by an actor external to the competing team, without
particular instructions given.

I hope I answered your question and please let me know if you have any
further questions.

My best regards
Filippo
Track 1 co-chair of IPIN competition

--
Filippo Palumbo (Research Staff)       Voice:  +39.050.621.2988
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.329.4477.405