[evaal contest] Answering to two questions

Dario Salvi dsalvi at lst.tfo.upm.es
Fri Jun 29 20:02:22 CEST 2012

Dear competitors,
dear Matteo,

I am replying to two questions one of our competitors made, I hope he
does not mind if I quote part of his text:

1. Do you know what are the channels used by the nearby Wi-Fi access
points?
Is there a channel that with less interferences that a competitor system
should use preferably?

Unfortunately I can't tell you precisely. The lab is located outside the
university's buildings, but it's not very far from them, so some
interferences are more than probable (consider that it's a
telecommunications faculty !).
We have a wireless LAN within the house that can be switched off in case
you need it.

2. Where are located the Ethernet and power plugs? Are they represented
by the red-green things on the living lab map? I count 9 of them inside
the experiment area and 2 in the two rooms on the left, is that correct?

The red-green things are the pillars of the structure, the plugs are
spread almost everywhere, say approximately every 3 meters you have one
box. If you have very short cables consider that you have plugs in the
corners except the one near the bathroom. I hope this information is
sufficient.

Best regards and see you soon !

Dario

--
Dario Salvi
http://www.researcherid.com/rid/E-5754-2012
dsalvi at lst.tfo.upm.es
Life Supporting Technologies
Departamento de Tecnología Fotónica y Bioingeniería
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Madrid, Spain