2019 IPIN Technical description from MITLab

Michele Girolami michele.girolami at isti.cnr.it
Fri Aug 30 08:36:30 CEST 2019

Dear Daniel,

sorry for the small delay, I was in vacation.

Competitors of track1 have to integrate their own localization app with
the Steplogger application (V1 *OR *V2) . The integration can be done by
implementing the AIDL interface file included with the StepLogger apps.
We release 2 versions of StepLogger:

  * V1 (aka StepLogger): runs in *foreground *and it shows a full screen
    button with a label.  The label corresponds to the marker that the
    actor is going to step over. As soon as you press the button,
    StepLogger prints a new entry to the log file. The entry contains
    the following information: timestamp, lat, long and the label. Such
    log files allows us to evaluate the performance of your localization
    app.
  * V2 (aka StepLoggerV2) : runs in *background *and it shows a small
    button of the corner with a label. The behaviour of StepLoggerV2 is
    the same of StepLogger excepts that StepLoggerV2 allows competitors
    to put their own localization app in foreground and keep
    StepLoggerV2 in background.

*--> Therefore, every competitor needs to choose StepLogger or
StepLoggerV2 according to its own requirements.*

For testing purpose, we release StepLoggerClient which is a simple fake
localization app integrating with StepLogger. You can test it in order
to understand how the integration can be achieved

*--> Competitors have to install of their smarphone their own
localization app AND StepLogger (V1 OR V2). *

You can find all the details about StepLogger, StepLoggerV2 and
StepLoggerClient here
<http://evaal.aaloa.org/2019/software-for-on-site-tracks>.

Let me know

--