[evaal contest] [localization] status of integration and timestamp computation

Fet, Ngewi Awa ngewi.fet at uni-due.de
Sun Jul 1 22:21:27 CEST 2012

Hello Dario,
I understood that the Socket integration server will be running on the EvAAL hosts
and we will be provided with a hostname to bind to and send our location coordinates.
Your mail seems to mean that we will be running the server on our machines and then reporting the location
to the instance on our machines. Am I correctly interpreting this?
If so, will the log files from my machine then be copied for evaluation. Or how are the EvAAL systems going to evaluate our system?
I would appreciate some clarification please.

What about the NTP server? I was under the assumption that we would be provided also
a host with which to synchronize. Or are we just supposed to connect with a public NTP server
like the NIST time servers and synchronize? Please advice. thanks.

Regards,
Ngewi Fet