[evaal contest] Evaluation / Time synchronisation

Juan Pablo Lázaro Ramos jplazaro at tsbtecnologias.es
Thu Sep 22 14:23:33 CEST 2011

Dear Dante and Stefan and other members of Competition,

We have received Dante’s and Stefan’s concerns, identified them, and we are very near (a couple of hours) to provide you with an “official” answer to both of them.

Both concerns are not connected.

-          For the case of Stefan it is related to synchronization aspects.

-          For the case of Dante it is related to a random pattern of series of two identical lines in the input file.

We wanted to publish everything and applying the same rules for everybody and considering the samples “as is”, “as they arrive to us”. So then, when you check the published algorithms (java project) and samples we verify together that everything is ok.

We would should insist in the fact that we want to be as fair as possible according to the rules and procedures we established. Any change to the way to proceed with one competitor, may affect the others, and should be analyzed very carefully.

@Dante, @Stefan: Thanks for your effort in checking and reporting!

Juan Pablo