[evaal contest] IMPORTANT: A second clarification about timings

Juan Pablo Lazaro Ramos jplazaro at tsbtecnologias.es
Mon Jul 25 12:30:12 CEST 2011

Dear competitors,

As you may know in the technical annex we say that "each localization system should
produce localization data with a frequency of 1 new item of data every
half a second (this will be also used to evaluate availability)".

In a previous email sent yesterday the Committee informed about how to manage samples that arrive following a different pattern than 1 each half a second, for instance arriving in bursts. In that email, we mentioned the proposal to consider only the first sample of a burst and not consider any new sample before 500ms, both for accuracy and availability.

After some discussions with one of the competitors we decided that instead of only taking the first sample of a series of samples that are very close one to each other and invalid the rest, we will consider all the samples for the calculation of the accuracy but only the first one for the calculation of the availability.

Following the example in the previous email below, accuracy will be based on every sample received however you continue getting 60% of the score on availability. This rule promotes those systems that are able to produce correct data on time, over those that produce correct data with delay (during the time is delayed there is no data available).

This rule is not in contradiction with the previous rules and we hope it helps to have a fair environment where competitors could take as much score as possible.

Regards,
Juan Pablo Lázaro on behalf of Francesco Potorti (currently starting his trip to Valencia).