[evaal contest] invitation to collect intermediate data

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Fri Jul 22 11:22:31 CEST 2011

Dear competitors,

one of the main purposes of EvAAL is to permit independent studies based
on real data.  To this end, we would like to gather the intermediate
data produced by your system that can be logged in order to produce
datasets for further studies.

In this first edition of EvAAL we have not defined a precise format or
made detailed requests as to the data that we would like to gather.  The
idea is that each system collects offline the intermediate data gathered
from sensors, so that we can publish it together with details on the
environment and start creating an archive of data usable for research
purposes.

The archive will contain metadata relative to the environment, the
placement of sensors, the timed path followed by the actor and the
localisation data generated by your system.  This is all that the EvAAL
organisers will collect during the competition.  These data would be
very much enriched by the raw data internally generated by the sensors
in your system.  This would form the base for comparative studies
between different algorithms using the same raw data, or between similar
systems.

This mail is an invitation to collect the raw sensor data produced by
your system and provide it to the EvAAL organisers after the
competition.  The simplest way would be to use a text format, but
anything will go.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any clarification.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107