[evaal contest] Some Questions About IPIN Competition

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Wed Jun 7 16:44:12 CEST 2017

>Dear IPIN Indoor Localization Competition Team,
>
>We're a team from Zhejiang University, Zhejiang Province, China. We
>team developed an indoor localization system which can work well by the
>interaction of a commercial smart phone(in user's hand) and some
>anchor-points (fixed in the area, they can be also phones or Raspberry
>Pi).
>
>The problem is that we notice both trace 1 & 2  prohibiting using
>external instrumentation in the competition area ,but our system serves
>well partly based on the acoustic signal, which means it need the help
>of acoustic sensors in smart phone (microphone & speaker).
>
>So my question is, can we paticipate in the IPIN Competition using the
>system I talked above? and if we can , which trace will be more proper?

I suggest you participate in Track 1 as an off-track competitor: your
system woudl be evaluated exactly like the regular competitors, but you
would not be eligible for a prize and your results will be published in
an off-track section.

This way, you can profit from the rigorous measurement procedure based
oin the EvAAL framework that we use at IPIN, in order to test your
system in realistic conditions.

>Another question is where can I get the detail map of the competition
>area? I try to find where it is but failed

We are publishing it in the next few days.

Thank you for your interest in the IPIN competition, and do not hesitate
to ask for more information or make suggestions.

Sincerely

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107