[evaal contest] Indoor Localization Competition Track 1

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Thu Apr 27 10:04:56 CEST 2017

>Dear IPIN Indoor Localization Competition Team,
>
>I might have overlooked this on the website, therefore I am writing you
>with this question. Which smartphone are we allowed to use in the indoor
>localization competition? i.e. would it be possible to use a Google
>Tango enabled device (and all its sensors!) such as the Lenovo Phab 2?

Igor,

sorry for this delayed answer, your email was blocked for moderation.  I
subscribed you to the mailing list now.

In Track 1 (on-site smartphone-based) our rules prohibit using external
services to aid your system: your app should be self-contained, without
exchanging data with remote entities.

So you can use the Lenovo Phab 2 capabilities as long as they do not use
Google's remote computing services.

If you have a system that exploit's Google services, however, you may be
interested in participating to Track 1 off-track: in this case you
follow the same rules as the other competitors, your results are
computed likewise, but you are not ranked together with the regular
competitors, and you are not eligible for a prize.

Please do not hesitate to ask for more or comment on this issue, and
again sorry for this delay.

Sincerely

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107