[evaal contest] EvAAL next steps and a sincere request for help

Vlado Handziski handziski at tkn.tu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 18 23:26:14 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I just want to inform you that we (as EVARILOS) will be involved in a
similar event at IPSN 2014 during the CPS Week in Berlin in April 2014. The
competition is organized by Microsoft Research (
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/events/ipsn2014indoorlocalizatinocompetition/)
and we plan to use parts of the EVARILOS Benchmarking Platform to
facilitate the evaluation of the competing systems. Depending on the
discussions in EvAAL, we can check if there is possibility for extending
this, but I can not give any guarantees, because despite we being involved
in the organizing committee for IPSN 2014, the localization challenge is a
Microsoft initiative and they have the last say.

As for a workshop for a potential joint EvAAL/EVARILOS competition, we
still entertain the idea of making it a virtual event using Google Hangouts
on Air for the EVARILOS track.

--Vlado