[evaal contest] workshop organization @ AAL Forum

Pedro Jose Marron pjmarron at uni-due.de
Wed Sep 4 15:57:22 CEST 2013

Dear Stefano,

I am very surprised by your e-mail and the way the EvAAL competition is
being included in the event in Sweden.

First, there was no information about having to pay a full registration fee
(this was not the case last year), without the possibility to get the
early-bird registration rate or any kind of student rate. Now, the
presentation of the system is being "downgraded" to a poster session
instead of a full-day workshop with scientific presentations.

In the interest of keeping the level of participation in further
competitions, I would like to ask you to reconsider the possibility to (at
least) be able to get the early-bird registration fee and to organize the
workshop in such a way that, if there are posters, they are allowed to be
in a visible place throughout the conference (not just on Tuesday) and use
the time slot on Tuesday for presentations of the systems.

Looking forward to your feedback on these two requests.

Regards,

Pedro

--
  Prof. Dr. Pedro Jose Marron
  University of Duisburg-Essen and Fraunhofer FKIE

  Faculty of Business Administration and Economics****

  Institute of Computer Science and Business Information Systems (ICB)****

  Pervasive Computing /
  Networked Embedded Systems Group     Tel: +49-203-379-1803
  Bismarckstrasse 90, BC 505                   Fax: +49-203-379-3774
  D-47057 Duisburg                                   E-mail:
pjmarron at uni-due.de
  Germany                                                http:
www.nes.uni-due.de