[evaal contest] still some team descriptions missing

Philippe Canalda philippe.canalda at univ-fcomte.fr
Wed Jul 3 18:51:53 CEST 2013

Le 02/07/2013 11:25, Francesco Potortì a écrit :
> We still miss the descriptions from three teams, to put at
> <http://evaal.aaloa.org/current-competition/competitors-2013>.
>
> The teams from France (Philippe Canalda), from Italy (manuele
> Bonaccorsi) and from Japan (Yuki Yoshida) should please send their
> descriptions to me as soon as possible.

Dear Francisco,

For the localization Track competition,
Akram Salem, a 3rd year PhD student is arrived today at Madrid.
He is accompagnied with his wife and his child which is 6 month old.
For this reason, Akram has prefered not participating to competitors
dinners.
Akram is technically brillant. I hope veerything will be fair for his
first participation to EvAAL competition.

Now i detail the description of the team :

Team name =

-- FEMTO-ST / HMPS (Hierarchical Multi-Positioning System)

Attached you will finf the logo of the institute

Corresponding author
Philippe Canalda

Affiliation
-- Institut FEMTO-ST, DISC Department, OMNI team

Description
. HMPS stands for Hierarchical Multi-Positioning System. The HMPS
version proposed to EvAAL'13 competition  is a system which is Marker
Analysis based.
Our Team has competed to EvAAL since 2011. At EvAAL'11 we have competed
with OwlPS version 0.8, a Wi-Fi based positioning system. We arrived at
the fourth place. Last year, at EvAAL'12, we have competed with OwlPS
version 1.3. We arrived at the 3rd place. The main upgrade was to
experiment an autocalibration module to avoid a time costy offline
fingerprinting phase.
This year we are experimenting an extended system coupling outdoor
positioning service coupled with OwLPS indoor and near outdoor
localization service and an artificial and natural marker analysis
camera-based positioning service. HMPS implements Hierarchical
Multi-Positioning Algorithm. This algorithm is a context aware one which
propose 20 meters of accuracy outdoor to submetric accuracy when a
marker motif is recognized.

Kind Regards / Bien cordialement,
--
Philippe Canalda - Associate Professor / Enseignant-Chercheur
Recherche Equipe OMNI Institut FEMTO-ST/DISC UMR CNRS 6174 - Département Informatique des Systèmes Complexes