[evaal contest] Call for Competition on Indoor Localization and Tracking

Francesco Potortì Potorti at isti.cnr.it
Thu Mar 17 01:38:34 CET 2011

Dear Christian,

thank you for your interest in the EvAAL competition.  This mail is in
copy to the <contest at evaal.aaloa.org> mailing list, to which competitors
are subscribed.

As far as technologies used in the competition are concerned, we are
open to all technologies, be they inertial, vision, RFID or whatever you
may come up with.  However, consider that the purpose of the contest is
comparing systems that can be useful for ambient assisted living, so
they should be easy to install in a home environment and nonobtrusive;
moreover, they are not required high accuracy.  Have a look at the
technical annex of the CfC to get an idea of the specific points we plan
to consider during the evaluation phase:
<http://evaal.aaloa.org/current-competition/techannex>.

You can participate with more than one localisation system: just
subscribe once for each, and write an abstract for each one.

Please follow up to this mail if you need more information, but consider
that 17th March is a bank holiday in Italy (this year only), so answers
may be slow :)

Sincerely

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040
via G. Moruzzi 1, I-56124 Pisa         Email: Potorti at isti.cnr.it
(entrance 20, 1st floor, room C71)     Web:   http://fly.isti.cnr.it/